Production, mixing and mastering of the new Heaven Rain album finished!
The album, recorded in period from October to December at Chainroom Studio in Senta, will feature eleven tracks with label and release date details soon to follow.
- We are very satisfied with the whole recording experience and professional work of our producer Marjan Mijić. The man bravely withstood all our demands and nitpicking and we would like to thank him for that. We got a very modern sound which completely coincides with our ideas. There is just one more phase to follow, the actual release of the album – said the band.
In the next few days, Heaven Rain will offer a special New Year’s present to the fans and friends of the band, a single which will be available for free download as an overture for the upcoming album.
- It is an interesting cover of a great ex-Yugoslavian hit song. All other info will be available soon – says the band.
We would like to remind that Heaven Rain will, together with bands Pero Defformero, Magma and Flatline, play at the Route 66 club in Novi Sad on 30th of December.
Recording of the second Heaven Rain album at Chainroom Studio in Senta goes by the plan. Drum tracks, keyboards and guitars have already been recorded with bass and vocal tracks currently in progress.
The band is delighted with quality of the studio and the sound of basic tracks.
- We are very satisfied. As always, there was a certain dose of scepticism present, will it come out right in the end, or is some last minute problems will appear… Luckily, this time that was not the case. Drums were recorded without a glitch in a very relaxed atmosphere and it was the same for other instruments – said drummer Nebojša Lakić.
Guitarist Igor Dragelj said that Senta is a nice, small place where not a lot of things are going on so it is ideal for mental relaxation and focusing on work.
- I would like to commend pizzas in the club “Mojo”, as well as our producer Marjan for his, among others, culinary abilities. All in all, this is good fun, everything is relaxed so the recording atmosphere is very nice – says Igor.
Part of that atmosphere can be seen below in video clips and a photo gallery which document the recording of drum tracks.
Recording of the second Heaven Rain album will begin on Saturday, 8th of October at Chainroom Studio in Senta!
Working title for the album is Second Sun Away, and we previously announced that it will feature tracks “Face of Misery”, “Nowhere”, “Dreamless”, “Raven at Heart” and a few others.
Singer Miona Graorac said that forthcoming recording session will be exciting for Heaven Rain and that she expects a quality final product which will represent the band in the best way possible.
- The band went through several line-up changes in the last few years so this will be the first true recording experience for this line-up. I am looking forward to that, we have composed good songs for which we believe will be interesting to domestic but also international audience – said Miona.
Goran Baštinac, founder and keyboard player for Heaven Rain says that some tracks will surely be a surprise to many.
- All songs bear a recognizable Heaven Rain stamp but I have to tell you that some of them are going to give a proper rocking to your speakers! Now we have a true metalhead in the line-up, guitarist Igor Dragelj, whom a lot of you know from working with death metal band Monument and his heavier guitar sound is what we have been missing all along. We believe that this new formula will go along well with people who know us from our debut LP but also bring us some new fans – said Baštinac.
Chainroom Studio in Senta is known as one of the best in the region, when it comes to heavier sound, so the boys and the girl from Heaven Rain are very eager for the recording to begin.